Thursday 14 April 2016

Nihon Mark 4 Ogre WIP




I need to finish this off but here's a work in progress shot.  This is another 16 megapixel focus stack shot, which gets everything into focus and shows up every bit of dirt and defect of the work in progress.

One problem of not keeping on top of projects is that paints dry out, and in this case the blue I was using had.  I tried getting a matching colour from Vallejo in their dropper bottles but it's not quite right.  So there will have to be an order made over the internet as my local shop no longer stocks the full range of the Miniature Paints brand.

Also, since I was given those lovely sets with more Ogre/GEV miniatures I thought a Mark 3 in the same colours to match my Mark 4 would be good. Proving once gain, that tendency of wargamers to paint more armies.  Perhaps we should start Wargamers Anonymous: I am an toy soldier addict and it's been three weeks since I started a new army etc.
  

8 comments:

  1. I don't suppose your typical battlefield unit of the Final War is pristine…

    The orange/red mixing near the back of the rear tread gives a pleasingly rusty effect. Yeah, I'm sure BPC doesn't rust. Even so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not rust, it's mud and dirt baked on from thermonuclear blasts! ;-)

      Delete
  2. What sort of paints are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly Gamecraft acrylics over enamel primer and Army Painter tone wash.

      Delete
  3. It looks like a horned beetle with attitude. Lovely colouring work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope it will look even better when finished.

      Delete