Thursday 17 March 2016

Sylvia Anderson RIP

 


Sylvia Anderson has died.  Another one of my childhood icons, along with Gerry of course, who I mentioned when he passed here.  Sylvia voiced Dr. Venus in Fireball XL-5, Marina's telepathic voice in Stingray whose theme still triggers excitement in me, Lady Penelope in Thunderbirds, and Melody Angel in Captain Scarlet.

What can I say that hasn't been said by others.  Gone but not forgotten.  FAB.  Stingray theme, play it loud, and listen to the excitement.

 

4 comments:

  1. I missed all the early Anderson shows, which weren't common here in North America, but I loved their series Space 1999 with a passion. Still fond of it. RIP Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YouTube has a ton of stuff, but and I say this as a fan, the puppet shows were meant for children and as an adult it's all about the nostalgia. Saying that, UFO might flight your boat as it was Anderson's first live action series and spiritual precursor to Space 1999.

      Delete
  2. Was surfing around for Ogre Miniatures and stumbled upon this blog. You have some great stuff here.

    Gerry Anderson is another one if my favorites. Sad they're both gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope there was some stuff here to inspire your efforts with your own Ogre/GEV project.

      Delete